It is my immense pleasure to handover you something that took me decades to research and figure-out. Yes, it is the techniques, methods and key-to-success in growing the world’s best marijuana in a professionally sound manner. It will be a moment of surprise for you to know that you are going to learn the easy and workable methods to grow marijuana through this easy to understand and grower friendly guideline. Before you read this post, I would like to clear some doubts and uncertainties you keep in your mind regarding the cultivation of cannabis.
Well the first thought that pops-up in brains about the growing of marijuana is “it is the most difficult task on earth”. I would confess it honestly that it is never an easy task to grow the top quality marijuana yourself. Along with this, I would proudly add in here that by the end of this post you will be crammed with the easiest and coolest ways to grow the most tempting and aromatic marijuana.
You may find many guides on different platforms but this one is special because you learn growing cannabis buds by reading concise content and step by step guide with 100% workable techniques and ideas. You may find not a single line which is irrelevant to the topic that can confuse you in either way. You just scroll down and keep learning all the important information that is needed for the growth of loftier quality marijuana.
The last but not the least note I would like to share with my honorable readers is that, I have written this post using the simplest sentence structure, friendly tone and easy vocabulary. My motivation is to teach you using the easiest medium of instruction. At the end I wish all of you a very good luck for the successful accomplishment of the task of growing marijuana. This guide will be a great help for those who want to cultivate cannabis.
Table of Contents
- 1 Initial Information About Marijuana
- 2 Important Information About Marijuana Cultivation
- 3 Marijuana Grower’s Guide
- 4 How to Grow Marijuana?
- 5 How Important Is the Light?
- 6 Harvesting of marijuana
- 7 Overview
Initial Information About Marijuana
Cannabis Sativa, also known as cannabis or marijuana is basically an Indian Hemp Plant, which has some and is taken as a narcotic. The leaves and flowers of this plant are dried, crushed and then smoked with a pipe or in cigarette form. In this post, you will learn all the ways how it is inhaled and how it is grown. This is a plant that goes by many names. Here are the most common:
The effectiveness and influence on the body of the inhaler depends on the quality of marijuana, and this is dependent on the quality of the plant growth. In different regions, due to different weather impacts, methods and techniques, each type of plant has its own individuality in the context of taste, aroma and potency.
Growing marijuana can be fun if you are fully aware of what you need to do. When you finish learning about the growing of marijuana you’ll have more insights into the entire process. You can start up a great business and become an entrepreneur by making the growth of weed your main product. If you use cost effective measures like those revealed in this post, I can guarantee you for your success in this niche with flying colors.
What is Necessary to Grow Marijuana?
The main things or factors that have a main role in the production of cannabis are:
- Medium for growing
- Environmental effects
If you properly understand the importance of the above factors and the way they should be handled then I can assure you that growing cannabis is going to be a successful project for you. Don’t worry if you have no idea about all this! Calm down; brace yourself because I am being your sincere friend going to explain each and every aspect of the whole procedure of growing elite class, top quality, appetizing, scrumptious, influential and aromatic marijuana. If you follow all the steps accordingly, then no one can stop you from achieving your goals.
IMPORTANT NOTE: there are some secrets about the production of marijuana that will be unfolded in the next chapters. It took me years of hard work, research work and experimentation to gather up all this information. So you are advised not to reveal everything on everyone and keep my secrets only in your cannabis garden.
Effects of Marijuana
Do you know what is responsible for the different effects of weed? It is an element named cannabinoids. This is actually a chemical produced by the cannabis plant. Would you like to learn a bit more about this magical element? Read beneath.
Let me tell you that what gets you high after smoking weed, is a chemical produced by cannabis plant named cannabinoids. This chemical is basically psychoactive and has a high influence on you mind and body. The level and potency however depend on the quality of cannabis and the way it is grown.
Tetrahydrocannabinol is the key ingredient that plays the chief role in getting you high. Although this type of cannabinoid is present in all the flowers but tips of female flowers (cannabin) are highly enriched with it. By using tetrahydrocannabinol, a much stronger drug is prepared with the name hashish which in a general perception is eight times sturdier than that of marijuana.
Does Marijuana/Weed have Positive Impacts as a Drug?
I would rather be diplomatic like other authors, but will come out with the straight forward answer. My opinion is that weed can have a positive effect on the following conditions:
- Relief in stress
- Changes in mood
- Improves thinking process
- Better ideas and positive thoughts
- Relief of pain
- Relief of nausea
- Increase the level of pleasure toward everything (music, sex etc.)
- Improves all the senses
Negative Impacts of Marijuana:
Everything when used in excess has a bad effect, especially when it comes to euphoric drugs. These negative effects can include:
- Short term memory
- Respiratory disorders (cough, asthma etc.)
- Psychologically negative impacts
- Much more
Ways to Use Marijuana
As of yet, you have only learnt about the marijuana plant and how it works as a drug. Now I know that your hearts are racing to discern the right and conventional ways to consume weed. Below are different methods people use to consume this drug on the first place:
Getting high on weed by burning marijuana to smoke into the lungs is the most popular way to use weed. Although the health gurus suggest that users should take light puffs, as these cause less stress on the lungs. Know that too much smoking can cause asthma.
Special pipes exist to make the marijuana smoke cooler. Although many of the experts say that this is not the safest way to ingest this material. I personally think that having weed is good with pipe but only if the pipe is made stainless steel, glass or aluminum. Avoid the wooden or plastic made pipes and bongs for this purpose.
Smoking in Joints
This is considered to be the safest and health friendly way of having weed. Fat joints should be adopted to lower down the temperature. It has fewer dangers because it lowers the temperature. Thin joint boost that high feeling and the thick one offers a type of sedative highness. The difference is clear. You must be sensible enough to know what is best for your health.
Through Water Pipes
This is the rigid way actually to consume cannabis but still the way exists. In my personal experience with smoking marijuana through water pipe, I did not enjoy it at all. It sucks you seriously. May be the reason is that the water in the pipe dilutes the effect of THC. It is only good if you want to experience marijuana just to include it in your “tasted and tried” list.
Inhaling or vaporizing is the process in which the cannabis is heated up and the vapor of the weed is inhaled by the consumer. It is the cheaper way of getting high on cannabis as you can create your own vaporizer or inhaler at home. The effects of the cannabis are sensed when used this way but on a lighter note.
Used As an Ingredient
Some people directly eat cannabis which is not a good way. Although using it as an ingredient may be fine. People use cannabis in cakes and drinks. This is also the economical way to get high on marijuana. The effects may take 3 to 4 hours to get felt but this way is less unhealthy as well.
Other Uses of Cannabis
Apart from smoking, inhaling, eating or drinking, this plant is used in many other useful things as well. Do you want to know about the versatility of marijuana? Then read the list given below:
- Pain killing creams and lotions
- Produces oil
- Other chemicals
- Used in some medicine
Above are some of the items in which marijuana is frequently used. It is the evidence that marijuana can be operative as well if used with the combination of other chemicals and natural herbs.
Important Information About Marijuana Cultivation
On prior pages, you have learnt about all the necessary information about marijuana. Now is the time that you get a know-how about its cultivation. The way it is grown, which procedure is suitable and what can cause bad end-results. In the context of general gardening niche, we all know that there are two types of garden to grow something.
Likewise, marijuana is also grown with in both the mediums by far. I am going to unveil some realistic facts about the influence caused by each medium. By reading the following paragraphs you will perceive a proper idea about what way is the most suitable one to adapt.
Indoor Planting of Marijuana
Indoor planting of marijuana is very common. Indoor planting means the plant or crop is not getting nourished in an open-air atmosphere. The process may have many advantages and drawbacks at the mean time but no one can disagree with the fact that adopting some professional techniques no one can stop you growing a quality oriented cannabis even in indoor conditions. All that a grower needs to know about growing some aromatic and tempting sort of marijuana are the proper guidance and a complete grasp over the growing process.
- The control is totally in grower’s hand
- Saves a plant from all the delicate growing cycles
- More chances of gaining the best quality weed
- You have to handle all the necessary factors that may include lighting, air, humidity, water, soil, temperature, nutrients etc.
- You know when and how to flower your crop which in the case outdoor planting is impossible
- In indoor cropping, you have a total control over the light exposure which you don’t have in the case of planting outdoor.
- Direct and too much exposure of light may affect some chemical reactions and enzymes activity. There is no chance of this when you are planting indoor marijuana.
- Because you are the supervisor of the environment, there is a less chance of plants to get infected with viruses and insects.
- Ganja community thinks that the quality of indoor marijuana is far better than that of the one grown outdoor.
- Experts who see things differently argue that sunlight keeps more effective and healthy nutrients than that of the artificial lighting.
- Different studies show that photosynthesis is always done the best with the sunlight.
- Proper ventilation is missing in indoor planting process whereas there is no such issue occurs if cropping is done outdoor.
- Regulation of humidity, temperature and lighting is not as easy as you think it is. You have to be cautious about these things when growing indoor cannabis.
- You can only grow a limited crop of marijuana due to the limited space for growing plants.
- The height of the crop may differ from that of the crop which is grown outdoor, in natural environmental conditions.
Outdoor Planting of Marijuana
Outdoor cultivation of marijuana is in a general perception a difficult task. But once again I would like to clarify that the process can be made easy by following the instructions thoroughly. You learnt about the advantages and disadvantages of indoor marijuana planting in the previously. Now, I am going to tell you that how an outdoor process of marijuana cultivating can affect the production and quality of the weed. One more thing that I would like to make crystal clear that telling you the disadvantages never means that I am discouraging or confusing you. My intention is to make you fully educated in this niche and that is all. You can adopt any of the medium whatever you feel you can do better with.
- The ventilation is proper and apt in the outdoor planting.
- It is cost effective because sunlight is free from nature.
- You don’t need to worry about the regulation of temperature, humidity, air and the other factors that prevail in the environment.
- Much great production is yield in comparison of what you get in indoor planting.
- You can earn more if your intention is to start a business.
- With the natural growth environment, product is much healthier according to some people.
- You have no control over the light exposure in the outdoor growing pattern. Proper light cycles is the most affecting factor on the production and quality of weed. Excess of light may become the reason of devastation.
- Privacy is also the issue occurs in outdoor cultivation as anyone be it a human being or animal can come in your garden and spoil your baby cannabis plants.
- The chances of infections and insects are higher.
- Pollination may become out of order.
Mediums of Growing Marijuana
A traditional, cost effective and most experienced medium for growing crops is soil. Soil is cheap and reliable for the growth of every plant. The other medium is hydroponics in which water and other nutrients make the environment suitable for the growth of marijuana
However, a hydroponic solution needs a thorough monitoring. A little error in the chemical solution can become the reason of whole crop’s devastation. It is your first attempt to grow marijuana that is why the only medium that suits you is the soil. I can give you more facts and logical reasons but I deliberately want it to keep simple. My guide is actually targeting those readers who want to know the procedure of growing marijuana in a simple way.
On a simple and understandable note, I would like to conclude it with my own opinion that hydroponic approach may get you a good amount of marijuana with in less time but potency is questionable. On the other hand, soil may take more time in comparison with hydroponic system but produces the tempting weed. Also there is a difference in both the mediums in context of economy as well. The last but not the least that might attract you toward soil is that it has less risks.
Marijuana Grower’s Guide
Now you are about to start learning step by step guide to grow your own lush and green marijuana. I have tried my very best to make it easy and in order so that you are not confused at any of the points!
The seed is like a sleeping embryo which is the result of sexual propagation of male and female flowers. This is a universal truth that only healthy parent will produce the healthy and quality oriented seed. All the features of the plant be it the length, color, aroma and quality, depend on seed.
Try to find out the best quality marijuana seed if you want the product to come out to its fullest. Remember you have to select a hard and light brown colored seed. Green and soft seed is not mature or ready for the germination. Only a healthy and strong seed can be result oriented.
After getting done with the selection of the best seed, the next step is that of germination. Germination in general is the process in which a healthy and mature seed is kept in certain environmental conditions to break down and produce a white colored root shaped sprout dropping downward. Here’s what you need to learn; only 2 out of 10 seeds will become the healthy female marijuana plants, others may spoil or grow as male plants.
The process of seed germination is done when it is provided with the moisture, air and heat. Next to the germination process all what you need to do is to remove all the male or less developed sprouts and focus in the up-bringing of healthy female marijuana plants.
The average time, a healthy seed takes to germinate is about 2 to 7 days but the period may vary in accordance with the different factors. Those factors include the quality of seed, temperature, moisture etc.
To get more female plants, farmers take the germination stint twice. My advice for you is to germinate in the hot months because it brings you more effective results. Grower mat can work out as well but it is not an economical idea.
Moisture, heat and air, if all these nutrients are given to the seed, it starts germinating and the white colored, root shaped sprout grows longer and longer. When the size reaches to about quarter an inch then it is the perfect time to shift this germinated seed in to the other medium such as rockwool tray or any other pot where it has to become a baby plant and then it is supposed to shift into the garden or hydroponic system.
How to Germinate a Seed?
Germination can be done by adopting many techniques. Here the key tip is to practice germinating other common seeds before coming to your expensive marijuana seed, as you obviously would never like to waste.
The different techniques for germinating seed are as follows:
This is the most reliable technique of germinating marijuana or any other seed. In this method you need a normal coffee cup filled with warm water. Put the seeds into this warm water. If some seeds float at the top you may remove them because the most viable seeds will remain on the bottom side of the cup. The next step is to cover the cup with a lid so that light is totally resisted to reach inside. Expect the seeds to germinate in the following 48 hours or so. Some seeds will even show the sprout within 24 hours, although it depends on the different factors which also have a role in the process of germination.
Germination in Soil
Some farmers do prefer to germinate in the soil. This method is also easy and it really works. You need to take a pot filled with soil, pour water in it and let it drain from the hole at the bottom of the pot. Dig soil from its surface and let the pencil or any other pointed tool to go beneath quarter inch. Now put the seed in and then fill up the space with soil. Spray water and keep it moist unless you find a small sprout coming outside. Remember that it will require a normal room temperature to germinate in the soil that is around 78 degree Fahrenheit. Usually, in this method of germination, seed take 5 to 7 days to germinate.
Propagation kits are inexpensive and this is a result oriented method of germination. You have to pour the seeds from tiny holes, add germination hormone which is given with the kit, and the process gets started. You can even create your own propagation machine although purchasing it from market doesn’t cost you much.
Paper Towel Method
Two dishes, two paper towels and some water is needed for this method of germination. You have to boil some water, rinse both the dishes with it so that there are no germs left. Now soak the paper towels in the hot water and squeeze them so that they become damp and warm. Place one paper towel on a dish, put some seeds, cover them with another paper towel and then put the second dish to cover the seeds up. This is necessary to resist sunlight or any sort of light to enter in this environment. Seeds will take 2 to 5 days to germinate through this method.
Remember that you don’t want to leave the germinated seeds on towel for too long. Remove them from paper towel as soon as the sprouts show their tips.
Germinating in Peat Briquette
Soak a peat briquette in water and let it swell. Now push a seed into the hole. Keep it in a hot temperature like in 95 degree Fahrenheit. Keep it moist and wait for the sprouts to come out. This is the safest and reliable method of germinating a marijuana seed.
Note here that you can select any of the above mentioned methods of germinating seed whatever suits you the best.
Once you see that the sprout is a quarter inch long then it is the time to replant it in a pot, where it will grow up to become a small marijuana plant. Seedling of marijuana is basically a pair of two leaves that is generally called as “seedling leaf” or “cotyledon”. The function of cotyledon is to initially store the food and make the up-coming plant healthy. When the real leaves arrive in the plant, cotyledon gets paled, yellow and then drop down. At this stage, a baby plant needs an intense care. Real leaves at this stage of marijuana plant growth have 3 lamina. Don’t water the plant too much, it is the biggest ever mistake if you do so. The amount of light is also one of the much considerable areas.
Taking into the consideration the newbie growers, I would like to mention here that the growth of plant is slow at this stage but it is actually getting empowered from inside. That means its root system is developing so the growth of the plant looks slow. Do not over fertilize or water the plant to increase its growth rate. It can kill your plant. Remember that the marijuana seedling require too much light consumption that is approximately 16 hours of light on daily basis.
Whether you have your seedling process in a rockwool tray or in a pot, now is the time to transplant those seedlings into the garden or hydroponic system where they have to grow up to produce the material for some top quality weed out of it. For transplanting the seedling you should dig down a hole in the soil and place the seedling carefully inside. If you drop the seedling along with rockwool tube, it is okay. It does never affect the growth of a plant in any manner.
You Must Be Careful About!
Now that the plants are growing and becoming a powerful crop, you need to be careful with a few things. First and foremost, keep your focus toward keeping an eye on nutrient deficiency or efficiency. Both have eventually the same symptoms. In the 3rd to 5th week of plant can be the best time to determine whether the plant is growing healthily or not. If the color of plant is perfect green, branches are strong and dense and all the things look fine during this period then you should be satisfied that it is growing right way.
Sometimes it appears that the stem of the plant in its early days are purple in color. Don’t worry and don’t try to find any sort of abnormality in it because it is a normal thing. It happens just because of genetics and nothing else. Try to keep the control over humidity if you are growing plants indoor. High humidity helps in increasing the growth rate of female plants while low humidity is good for the growth of male. Same is the case observed with the temperature that the low temperature is helpful for female plants’ growth while high temperature is good for male plants. As far as the lighting is concerned then blue spectrum light energy boosts up the growth rate of female plants and red spectrum light benefits male ones. Moreover the low nitrogen level is good for female plants while high level or nitrogen produces and nourishes male plants efficiently. You will have to keep the potassium level low for encouraging the growth of female plants and vice versa for male plants.
How to Grow Marijuana?
Now you are going to learn the most important topics that will lead you to become a perfectionist marijuana grower. It is up to you which method and medium you select to grow your indoor marijuana.
The topics which I am going to cover in this chapter include:
- Growing with soil Using Germination Process
- Growing by cloning Process
- Growing hydroponically
I recommend the growers to go with the most trustable means of cultivation, which is that of soil. The reason is simply that it is cost effective method and has less risks, compared to other methods. Although it is totally up to you if you want to grow your crop indoor or outdoor. But now let me give the step by step guide of all these methods of growing cannabis so that you have a proper idea of what method suits you the most and why.
Growing with Soil Using Germination Process
I have already told you in the above chapters that why growing marijuana with soil is better than other methods by far. It is cost effective, fruitful, reliable, and most preferred way of growing your own cannabis by far. If you are not in the mood of stretching this growing thing to the extent of a large business then you may choose to grow in the containers. For the beginners, growing in containers is easy to handle and has less chances of failure.
Growing in Containers
For growing in containers, you have a chance to look after each and every plant individually. This allows you to identify the rotten or under growth marijuana plant. A container can be of any sort including a pot, small bucket, wooden box and other similar thing. All you need to do is to make some holes (about 1 centimeter sized) to drain out the excess water.
You should make it sure that the color of the container is dark, black is the finest option for it is helpful in propagating the light into the depth of roots. You can start off with small containers as they are much easier to handle. But you must be aware that the roots of cannabis are too long that you need to shift the plants from small containers to the larger ones soon after you realize that the function of growth is working rapidly. Some people or farmers at the early stage of plant grow it in small plastic shoppers. It is a cost effective idea that after reaching to the appropriate size, plant can be transferred to the bigger pot or container.
Make Your Own Container
You can prepare your own container using old and rejected pots, broad sized bottles and bowls. You should clean them first and then make appropriate sized holes beneath the pots. The holes must be big enough to drain all the excess water out.
Growing in the Ground
If you are growing indoor marijuana then you may not be able to find such place at your home where you can grow marijuana in the ground and where there is abundant sunlight to hit the area. But still if you have then you must avail the place and start growing marijuana in it. You have to be careful about the spacing of the plants. Try to leave the appropriate but uniform space after each plant so that the productivity is maximized.
Some Relevant Information
Remember that if you are growing cannabis in soil then you have to be choosy in selecting the type of soil. Make sure that the soil you are using for marijuana cultivation is drainable but does not completely drain all the water. It should be capable of retaining some water. Three factors to consider in selection of appropriate soil for marijuana that include nutrients, PH level and texture. Organic soil has the capability to produce the best quality cannabis crop. Texture of soil also has a major role in the growing process of cannabis so make sure that it is fluffy, light and can drain the water but retain some.
Transplanting of Plants
Transplanting means to convert the plants from small containers to the bigger ones or shifting them from containers to the ground of your cultivating area. The method of transplanting is so easy but a little tricky. You need to take the plant out of the container carefully along with the roots and all the soil filled in. Dig the next home for this plant from its center and then place it in that. Transplantation of plant causes a little of damage to the root system of the plant so it needs some time to settle down. I would advise you to attempt transplanting at night so that plant has an appropriate time to rest before starting a function during lighting.
Below are the main nutrients which play an important role in the growth of marijuana:
Nitrogen is the most essential element that helps in leaf and stem growth. The deficiency of nitrogen leads the plant’s leaves to turn yellow. So use as much nitrogen as you can specially during vegetation to make sure that the growth of the plant occurs in the finest way.
Phosphorus plays a key role in the process of photosynthesis and respiration. It is advised to use more phosphorus than nitrogen during the flowering.
Potassium is necessary for the building and transferring of sugars for marijuana plant. It is also an important element for absorption, aiding and rapid growth of the plant.
Watering of Marijuana Plant
Watering depends on the size of the plant’s container and the light’s intensity. HED lights due to the high level of intensity affect the water level of plant. Although on a general note you need to water your crop every alternative day. Because roots want some air along with water so a little bit of dryness is healthy for the plant but not too much, otherwise plant will suffer from dehydration.
The pH level of the marijuana plants need to be monitored very carefully. 6.7 to 6.2 level is the best condition for the survival of your marijuana plant. Not paying attention to pH levels can lead to the devastation of the whole crop.
Over feeding of fertilizers and organic compounds may cause the disturbance in the pH level of a plant, so make sure to do your research before using any fertilizer. In as far as fertilizers go; I would like to specify here that the common manure fertilizer is just fine for marijuana. You don’t need to find some super extra-ordinary thing in this regard.
So you are now almost done with the needed guideline about marijuana cultivation in soil. The only thing that remains is the level of lighting which I will guide you through in the next chapter which is all about lighting and its effects on the growth of crop.
We have already talked about the seedling process in which for the growth of marijuana, we discussed how a seed can be germinated, sowed and start off producing marijuana. Now it’s time for you to learn one of the smartest methods to grow marijuana and which is widely used by the farmers and indoor marijuana growers. What this process does is to choose some donor plants, cut their shoots and branches and let them grow in the separate medium. It is guaranteed that each plant whose clone has been taken from mother plant will turn out to be the female. And do you have a slightest of idea that how productive female plants can be for the matter of your weed production?
The method of cloning is used by many of the growers because it has a number of advantages. Although it may contain some draw backs as well but still I highly recommend the cloning if you already have some healthy and productive marijuana plants. You can easily select some donor plants from existing plants in your garden and then make some clones out of them. Would you now like to know about cloning’s advantages and draw backs?
Here you go:
Benefits of Cloning
- It is a time saving process because all you need to do is to select some plants, make the clones and place them in their growing mediums. In the seed method, it takes days in germination, growth of seedling, and then becoming plant.
- It saves your money as well because you need not to buy any seeds if you already have some plants and you can take clones out of them.
- There is solemn assurance that you will get the female plants in the result.
- They start producing the required product too early than that of the seed method.
- Rooted clones of marijuana take very less time in flowering.
- The characteristics of the product will surely be same or even better in the context of taste, aroma and after effects.
Drawbacks of Cloning
- Due to the genetics uniformity, there are more chances of plants to get infected with insects, viruses and other fatal diseases.
- You may miss the variety because if you go with the seed process, you have a liability to have different taste, aroma and other features. In cloning you will have exactly the same taste, fragrance and after effects.
- You can find clones workable and reliable if you are taking them from your existing marijuana plants. Finding them from other sources and expect the perfect results from those clones is just a day dreaming.
- The grower must be expert in making and judging clones for if any clone is misjudged, it can infect the whole existing crop of marijuana.
- They may die of shock if a little mishandling happens.
- Clones are very sensitive so are not that easy to handle at all.
- All the clones are always going to be females. Breeding process can be in difficult stages in the future.
Step by Step Guide
Below is the easy and step by step guide to make your clones:
- The first and foremost thing you need to do is to choose the mother plant. Remember that all the future product depends on it so choose the healthy, productive and disease free mother plant.
- You should cut 50% more clones than that of you need of plants. This is because that not all the clones are going to become the healthy plants. Many of them may die out of shock.
- You can cut the clones during the plant’s cycle but supposedly the best time is before the plant starts flowering.
- Your hands must be washed with a good antibacterial soap; all your tools and growing area/medium must be clean from all the filth.
- For immediate planting, pH balanced medium should be prepared.
- Keep all the clones nearby you to have an immediate reach at the time of their planting.
- Select the appropriate clones; remember that short clones are commonly more preferred ones having two to three nodes only.
- Treat your clone in a rooting solution fungicidal-b1 mix for it is necessary to generate some extra ordinary power that will produce a healthy and fruitful plant.
- Now fix this clone in a rockwool cubes.
- Do not forget to prep the rockwools by soaking them over night in a pH balanced solution.
- The next step is that of dome and lighting. You have to spray inside the humidity dome with no damp-solution. Do not spray the clone direct as it may result in powdery mildew.
- Place the covered clone tray with humidity dome at a spot where an appropriate amount of white fluorescent light is available. This light can be natural sunlight or T9 grow light or may be HID light.
- The humidity dome should be removed from the clone tray on the 5th day. But wait; let me mention one more thing over here that you are supposed to uncover the clone tray daily for the propagation of air.
- Now you have to check if the plant is rooted yet or not. For checking, you can tug the plant lightly toward upward side. If the plant is rooted, it will not come out of the cube. If it is not, it will come out of the cube easily. Please note that you are supposed to do this on the 10th day.
- If you see some leaves turning to yellow, it is actually a good sign so don’t worry. It happens because during the process of rooting, plant consumes all the nutrients from fan leaves.
- Till the time plant is in the process of rooting, you have to spray it with water. But once you have received signs of plants being rooted, now you are supposed to water them properly.
- You should also drain the rooting solution out from the cube as it is of no use now.
- Now on this critical stage you are supposed to check if the plant is wilting. You can check it by opening tent a little bit. If you find no wiling for 4 to 6 hours it means you are ready to move ahead.
- Now you can put these clones in the HID lights or you can plant them into soil.
- Make sure that they get 15 to 18 hours of lighting. They need this much life to get to the vegetation phase.
To Avoid Wilting From Clones
Don’t worry if you find your clones wilting, just check if they are placed properly in to their respective mediums. Also keep a thorough monitoring over lighting. It should not be too bright and exactly according to the fluorescent that is ultimately needed by the plant.
If you follow the above criteria, you will get successful results. It is the easiest ever guide that is needed for a beginner marijuana grower. If you follow only these instructions properly, you will start learning the more detailing by the time and experience.
Hydroponics for growing marijuana results the greater yields. Yet it has many advantages and disadvantages so let’s discuss them first before going into the core details of the process and method of how you can grow your own cannabis sativa using hydroponics.
- There is no need for soil in this method so it is a clean process. No chances of filth and dirt. All the process is done making no mess at al.
- Due to the controlled system, pollution in the environment is not an option.
- It produces the excess amount of weed which is of great quality as well.
- Due to the controlled and monitored system of hydroponics, no dry spots and root drowning can be observed.
- It reduces water cost because water is already there in the system.
- Nutrients are controlled under the system so it save your money here as well.
- The crop is refined and of awesome quality.
- It is easier to prevent the hydroponic system from getting infected or attacked by insects.
- The time of growth is rapid and quantity of yield is greater.
- With the right hydroponic system you can even grow your weed in your bedroom.
- This is an expensive mean of growing marijuana.
- You need to regularly monitor on the system.
- It totally depends on electricity.
- A little mistake can destroy the whole thing that took you ages to prepare.
Step By Step Guide to Grow Marijuana Hydroponically
Now here is the proper way that you can use to grow marijuana in your hydroponic system. Please make sure to follow each and every step properly and orderly.
- First of all collect all the basic necessary items that you need. The items may include seeds or clones (whatever you prefer), paint of white color, hydroponic nutrients, containers or pots, medium for pots such as coco coir, fluorescent lighting system, timer, pH detection.
- Now as a next step you will have to prepare your walls in order to get the greater production of weed. Because of the reason that you are growing indoor, you are supposed to provide your crop an appropriate amount of light. For that purpose you are supposed to prepare your wall by painting semi-gloss white color on them.
- You can also use mylar to prepare your walls as mylar has been found highly reflecting. It has a drawback that mylar reflects light and heat in extremely efficient approach that may become the cause of burning your plants.
- Next you have to set up the lights. You can hang them at the spot where you think that is the most suitable place.
- Did you know that for the average growth of plant, you need about 3000 lumens per square foot. And for much higher yields, a plant needs at least 7000 to 10000 lumens per square foot. So must figure out after applying the lighting system that how much light is being provided to a plant.
- Be cautious that your light system should not become the reason for overheating that can cause an ultimate burning of a plant. The maximum temperature, a marijuana plant can bear is about 90 degree Fahrenheit.
- Every plant needs proper ventilation as it is the most important requirement for an ideal environment of cultivation. So make sure that your growing area is properly ventilated.
- If you are not using cloning method then you need seeds. Seeds need to germinate before planting. So now you have to pick the best seed and germinate them using the method I have already told you in detail before.
- The next destination of a germinated seed is rockwool block. It is necessary for the initial growth of plant.
- Now you are allowed to start feeding your plant with water and other nutrients in your hydroponic system. The best and ideal water pH level at this stage is 5.0 to 6.0. Do not overfeed the plant with some extra ordinary amount of nutrients. This could be the biggest ever mistake that will spoil the plant in a little while. Start off with an average amount of nutrients and increase gradually.
- At this stage, a plant needs intense care to produce better fruit in the future. Keep an eye on the pH level of tap or filtered water you are growing your marijuana plant with. Also be cautious about the other areas of hydroponic system. Keep a control on nutrients and also on lighting. Lighting must be according to the need of the system. Less or more can be problematic for plant indeed. Proper ventilation is also a very necessary part of the planting so make sure all these things remain exactly in a way they need to be in.
- Like we discussed earlier that after the stage of seeding, the next important phases in plant’s life is vegetation and flowering. So you have to make sure that the environmental conditions are perfect for the vegetation and flowering of plants.
- Height is the factor that you can use to determine the growth time for your plants in a vegetative phase. The plant may double its height during the phase of flowering. Ideally the plant should be left in a vegetative stage till its height is 6 to 18’’.
- Once you observe that your plant has grown up to 18’’ now this is the right time to start flowering. Balance of lighting has a vital role at the flowering phase of a plant. Make the schedule for a light in a way that lights are provided to plant 12 hours in a day.
- Once you are done with settling the light schedule you will see the sign that will help you to judge the sex of the plant. Those plants which are female will start growing white hairs whereas small balls (similar to grapes) will be visible in male ones.
- You are supposed to remove all the male plants now as the will pollinate females. And pollinate plants will never develop that potent taste which a non-pollinated ones will.
- Now the most patience demanding phase of plant comes in which you have to wait for a plant to get mature. It totally depends on your system that how much time plant takes in getting mature. As a general estimate, it takes about 6 to 12 weeks to become a mature cannabis sativa.
- Before one week of harvesting, only feed the plant with water. If you use other nutrients at this time, you may feel the taste of those nutrients while smoking weed.
- Check if the hairs of plants have turned out to be brown. When you see 50 to 75% of pistils have been turned brown, now this is the time that you should harvest your marijuana.
How Important Is the Light?
Marijuana requires a lot of light to grow or for its maintenance. This is the key factor which is extremely important for the greater yields of product. The crop will not be able to maintain its sustainability if an appropriate amount and type of lighting is not provided to a plant. Whether you are growing cannabis in soil medium or in a hydroponic system, light is the most wanted nutrient for the healthy growth of plant.
In today’s life, everything has so many alternatives. For lighting system to grow indoor plants, there are so many options that you have now. These options have their different advantages and some drawbacks. These lighting systems can include bulbs, reflectors, ballast, timer and other different types. Any lighting system which has the capability to produce that sort of light needed by the plant can be result oriented. It can active those hormones which help in the rapid growth of plants.
Important Information about the Role of Light
What you need to determine before choosing the lighting system is the color and temperature of light. Different colors have different impacts. You can take a help from CCT to determine as CCT rating tells about the intensity of the temperature of HID fluorescent lights.
If you give a little research before setting up a lighting system, you will find different growers using the maximum 1000 wattage for the cultivation of cannabis sativa. More than 1000 watt will be harmful although less than 1000 will be fine enough.
For the determination of per square foot light emitted by a bulb or any other light source, there is a particular measurement named lumens. I have already mentioned in this post that a marijuana crop needs at least of 3000 lumens per square foot. Although for getting the maximum productivity, you should provide 7000 to 10,000 lumens per square foot.
Sources of Light
When you are growing a crop indoor then you must need some artificial light source. It is a common sense that tells that indoor planting means there is no sign of natural light or sunlight is there for plants. So below are some useful information about that.
Fluorescent and some LED grow lights are great for the growth of marijuana plant. They are the great source of lighting that cannabis sativa requires. As I have told you many times already that cannabis sativa needs a great amount of light and you can simply not ignore this requirement if you are a serious grower and want results at the end of the day.
Now, compact fluorescent light is also available in the market with the short name CFL. The best thing about CFL’s is that they are available almost everywhere. HID lights may not be found in some places but CFL is available anywhere in the world.
LED lighting system was at its early times not appreciated but in today’s time, LED lights are highly regarded for indoor growing of plants. There are thousands of benefits these LED grow lights have in which the worth mentioning here is that it produces the full spectrum with low level of heat.
Placement of Light
The distance of light from plant totally depends on the type of source you are using. If you are using heat emitting grow light then you may place this type of light a bit more far above the plant. If the light is not emitting too much heat then it is supposed to be hanged at the height of 10 to 14 inches from the plant.
Lighting Schedules for Different Stages of Marijuana Plant
During the plant cycle, cannabis sativa requires different schedules and hours of lighting.
- In the phase of seedling, Marijuana needs 16 to 18 hours of proper lighting.
- In the vegetative stage of marijuana plant, the requirement increases to 18 to 24 hours daily.
- In the flowering phase, Cannabis sativa 12 hours of lighting so far.
Remember that lighting plays the main role in the nourishment of marijuana crop. if you want the superb quality weed as a result of all the hard work you are putting in for this mission, then make sure that lighting is according to the demands of cannabis sativa. If lighting is not good enough, I am afraid to tell that it can cause the overall bad effects on the yield.
Harvesting of marijuana
Let me be clear on one thing before anything else, many newbies think that harvesting of marijuana demands some rocket science. It is probably the misconception about marijuana that is kept in the brains. Harvesting is actually a fun thing after putting this much hard work in the growing phases of the same crop. Now brace yourself and learn the most interesting, fun and awesome part of the whole mission.
When to Harvest?
Without wasting your time in giving irrelevant information about the subject, I would like to jump to the point. The right time to harvest the marijuana is as easy as I am telling you. Just look at the color of the pistils or hairs covering the buds. At the beginning they were white but at the time of harvesting, they turn dark brown. Once you find their color to be totally turned into dark brown, this is hopefully the right time to make your harvesting tools ready.
How to Harvest?
The night before that big day is long and flattering. On the day when you decide to harvest marijuana, start off early in the morning. Harvesting is not difficult thing but probably a time consuming wok for sure. You should start cutting the plant wholly from its root. Cut all the plants that you nourished in your grow area. The tip for you is to begin with cutting the heavier and larger plants first. After cutting them, trimming and manicuring is the next task. If you are done with this now you may leave them on the place, where you want the plants to dry.
The cheap, economical and most reliable way to dry the plants is to leave them in an open air. Although drying machines are also available in the markets these days that are helpful in drying your cannabis quickly and efficiently.
What Time of Day to Select for Harvesting?
The time has a high level of importance in the harvesting of cannabis. My advice is to harvest in the dark. At the night time, like we all know that the female plants store the food which they prepared during the day light by photosynthesis. But wait, this is for those who are growing marijuana outside. You being an indoor grower need to select the time as per your plant’s lighting schedule. If your lighting hours were in the night then harvest the product in the morning. If the lighting schedule of your indoor marijuana plants was in the morning then go for the harvesting in the morning.
First look at the number of plants that have been grown in your garden yet. Make the estimated time period that you think you will take in the cutting of all those plants. Then decide your timeline that when to start your harvesting so that you get done by the time you want to get free of this task.
Make the Weed Burnable and Tasty
This should be in your knowledge that plant doesn’t die when you cut them. They die when their water is dried. So you need to leave them at least for 7 days in a normal temperature of 70 degree Fahrenheit and 50 percent humidity to dry the humidity from the plant first. We should not be in a rush to dry the plants dry but should keep the pace slow.
After drying, the next step to prepare a tasty weed is curing. Curing takes more time if the harvesting was not done according to the standards. Professional growers who are fully aware about the perfect ways to harvest marijuana take not too many days in curing. The question arises here that why curing is necessary? The answer is that to prepare the herb smooth and perfect to smoke, we need this process to be done. Mainly the buds are cured within 2 weeks after drying. Although the maximum time they can take is 14 to 16 days so far.
I know you are a newbie impatient grower because you are inexperienced of what a little mistake can cost you. So take my word that don’t be in a rush and let the buds cured for a long enough time. If you won’t, you will get the less potent and low quality yield which you obviously would not like to have after putting your hard work and money. Curing is necessary to turn all the THC into psychoactive for. If you don’t give enough time in curing, don’t expect the quality and aromatic weed. It is as simple as that.
Curing is necessary for the evenness of the moisture in any herb. To make the drying process even and slower, we need to leave the herbs to get cured. Same is the case with marijuana.
Some Important Information about Curing and Drying
Below are some facts about drying and curing of marijuana:
- THC possessed by fresh marijuana turns into psychoactive elements that make you a high after smoking it.
- Dried and cured weed is much more flavorful and effective than that of the fresh one.
- If the buds are dried too rapidly then they will only go frail. So do not increase the level of humidity. Let the humidity between 45% – 55% to attain the better results.
- Air exchange is extremely necessary during curing so you may need to open the bins for at least 10 minutes after every 4 hours.
When I decided to write a long post on this topic, I found that many newbie growers were getting confused by the lengthy and difficult to understand books. Even I purchased many books about indoor growing guide of marijuana that were not very helpful. I would not say that I did not find those books helping for growers; in fact I gathered most of the information about this process through those books. But the problem I found with those books was that they were too difficult for the newbies. That was the point when I decided to write a sort of guide in which all the useful information about marijuana and its growing methods are concluded in a comprised manner. I hope that you liked my effort and I look forward to hearing from you through your feedback.
This guide covers the four main areas of the growing and preparing weed. At the first, you become able to decide the medium of growing whether you want to grow the cannabis in soil or using hydroponic method. The second is that where you learn about two major ways to start planting marijuana. One is that of the way of growing by seeds and the other is that of the growing by cloning. The third area gives you about the step by step guide that how you can grow indoor marijuana. The last but not the least is that of the harvesting, drying and curing process that are ultimately very necessary for the better taste, and effects.
One more thing that you may appreciate about this post is that where I have told you about all the alternative methods, there I have recommended you as well that what method is more suitable and can be reliable one for you. I hope you enjoyed this precise guide to grow indoor marijuana. I wish you a very good luck if you are going to kick off your career in this field.